July 10, 2010

Today's Bread


Today I made some whole wheat bran bread that was simple and yummy. I've been researching the various recipes and methods online because I certainly would love to bake it each week. I've made it just on occasion in the past. Since I will soon be a "work at home mommy" I aim to bake and cook even more.
This was made using the recipe on the back of the King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour package. Instead of 3.5 cups of the wheat flour, I used 1 cup of AP flour, 2 cups of whole wheat flour, and 1/2 cup of bran. Texture was great but I would like it a bit more chewy next time so I might knead it more. Or, rather, I will let the KitchenAid "knead" it more. I used the bread hook on the dough for around 10min. on Speed 2 but it may need longer than that. I did find a helpful hint somewhere online to not preheat the oven. It helps with the texture somehow. Anyhow, it turned out great and went well with some homemade veggie soup with garden fresh veggies (even though it's like 150 degrees here in Florida).

No comments:

Post a Comment