June 8, 2009

I love my torch







I am so excited that with one great tool, I am empowered to either put the finishing touch on my favorite dessert (creme brulee) or create a beautiful piece of jewelry.
So my first project was jewelry because I had too much sugar last week. Take a look at my creations.

I soldered sterling silver wire to create earrings and a pendant. I also hammered the pieces because I like more textured jewelry. They sat in pickling solution for a few minutes then I tumbled them in stainless steel shot.
The wire solder I used took awhile to melt so it must be medium or hard although I thought I ordered easy. It wasn't labeled when it arrived. However, it could just be my use of the flame as a couple pieces melted fine while others took longer.
Considering I've only taken one class previously, I am satisified with these results created on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment